Healthgrades ranks hospital for superior specialty care
DENTON — Medical City Denton has been recognized for superior specialty care, including a top rating in vascular surgery, in the Healthgrades 2024 America’s Best Specialty Excellence Awards.
“We are proud to be recognized for providing exceptional specialty care, including being rated among a select group of hospitals nationally for vascular surgery for the fifth consecutive year,” says Steven Edgar, chief executive officer. “Our remarkable team of physicians, nurses and support staff are dedicated to safe, compassionate and expert care in our community.”
Medical City Denton’s 2024 Healthgrades honors include:
- One of Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Vascular Surgery™
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2024 Critical Care Excellence Award ™
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Critical Care
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Hospitalizations
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment
- Five-Star Recipient for Carotid Procedures
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Vascular Surgery
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Vascular Surgery
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Vascular Surgery Excellence Award™
Healthgrades evaluates hospitals solely on clinical outcomes, including risk-adjusted mortality and complications. By offering easy access to objective performance measures, Healthgrades gives consumers the information they need to find a hospital that excels in providing the care they need. By highlighting strengths and weaknesses, Healthgrades ratings help direct hospitals to opportunities for clinical improvement.
“We commend Medical City Healthcare for its ongoing commitment to providing high-quality specialty care to patients,” says Brad Bowman, MD, chief medical officer and head of data science at Healthgrades. ““We commend Medical City Denton for their dedication to excellence in patient care.”
Medical City Denton is among 11 Medical City Healthcare hospitals recognized for superior specialty care in the Healthgrades 2024 America’s Best Specialty Excellence Awards.
ABOUT MEDICAL CITY DENTON
Medical City Denton is a 208-bed, acute care hospital serving the growing communities in Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague counties. With a medical team of more than 600 physicians, Medical City Denton offers a broad range of services including a Level II Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited Cycle VII Chest Pain Center offering advanced open-heart surgery. “A” rated for safety by the Leapfrog Group and Magnet® recognized for nursing excellence.
Medical City Denton is part of Medical City Healthcare.
Follow us on Facebook Twitter Instagram LinkedIn